Being productive is very important when you run your own business. Don’t you wish you were more productive?
Here are some really useful tips we would like to share with you:
- Make a long list of ALL tasks that need to be done
- Triage them: super urgent (do first), urgent (do next after super urgent), not urgent (do later if you still have time), to delegate, to ignore/eliminate. Using the Eisenhower Matrix enclosed will help.
- Do the most dreaded, productive task first
- Track and limit how much time you’re spending on tasks: it’s not realistic to plan every minute, or even every hour, of your day. But you can carve out time for your must-do tasks. For instance, you can block out 45 minutes to finish a job report, etc…
- Focus on one thing at a time.
- Only check your inbox/phone at set times – closed the inbox notifications while working on a task! Let phone calls goto voicemails while you are executing tasks.
- Learn to Say “No”: stop stuffing your to-do list out of guilt or a desire to please. If it doesn’t benefit your professional or personal growth or that you truly don’t have time for than say no!
- The most satisfactory part of my day is crossing an item off my to-do list!
Give these tips a try! And let us know how you get on with these or if you have more productivity tips you love using yourself!
All this seems pretty obvious and very simple but it is very often overlooked! Go back to the foundations. Strong foundations = stong house/business.